Summer has reached its peak in Chennai and staying at home itself is a daunting task let alone venturing out. I’m not exaggerating. It literally feels like living in a hot furnace. My fellow Chennai peeps would definitely call it an understatement. That terrible it is!
However, there is much more to summer than sweltering heat. To me, summers are reminiscent of holidays, mangoes and ICE CREAMS. Though i’m not against the ice creams sold outside, i cannot deny the fact that its loaded with processed sugar.
How about making a Popsicle that is free from refined sugar and dairy? Sounds interesting right? You need only three ingredients and you can tweak the recipe ‘n’ number of ways. I have used coconut milk instead of regular milk and raw honey instead of sugar. Go grab those Popsicle moulds and head straight to your kitchen because you are about to make one of the best guilt free indulgences.
- Mango pulp- 1 cup
- Chilled coconut milk-3/4- 1 cup
- Vanilla extract-1/4 tsp
- Raw honey- 2 tsp or as required
- Blend together all the ingredients in a food processor/juicer until nice and creamy.
- You may use maple syrup or any sweetner of your choice.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze until done.
- You can use any non-dairy milk instead of coconut milk. Almond milk should work just fine.
- The Popsicles are usually set in 3-4 hours depending on the temperature of your freezer and the ingredients. I usually prefer freezing overnight.
- You may use frozen mangoes as well.
- If you don’t have a Popsicle mould, you can use paper cups/ice trays, tumblers. Just insert an ice cream stick and you are good to go .
Do visit my instagram page @sinfullyyummy for more recipes with step by step pictorial on highlights.