As readers you would obviously be knowing that I’m a sweet toothed person. I’m a person who believes that no meal is complete without a dessert. Whenever I go out, be it lunch,dinner or an evening snack i make sure that there is room for dessert ;). At home i have the habit of munching something sweet like a cube of jaggery or in the worst case something as simple as a spoonful of sugar, after lunch.(Yes, you read that right 😀 ).
I love jams and the new berry blast range from kissan is my recent addiction. I managed to finish almost half a bottle of strawberry blast jam within a week from purchasing. I couldn’t stop my hands from reaching out to the bottle and i decided to empty it the same day. That’s when the idea of making a fruit cream struck me. Berry blast jams are almost equal to pureed fruit and make an excellent dessert/cracker topping.
This is a very simple recipe and can be made quite effortlessly. All you need is cream and jam and you are good to go.
Dish: Strawberry Cream
Type: DessertTime: 1 hr 15 minutes
- Strawberry jam – 1/2 cup
- Whipping Cream-1 cup
- Whip the cream using a manual whipper for 6-8 minutes. In case of electric whipper whip it for 3 minutes.
- Melt the jam using double boiler method
- Let it cool down for a while and add the jam to the whipped cream and gently fold in. Do not whip or mix.
- Transfer it to a cup and refrigerate for 1 hour and serve.
- Top it with chopped strawberries or a spoon of jam.
- You can layer it by adding a layer of whipped cream or strawberry puree/jam and top it with strawberry cream.