Yummy yet easy to make salted caramel sauce
I’am a big fan of anything that has salted caramel incorporated into it like salted caramel cheesecakes and salted caramel brownies. Before attempting to make any of them at home, i wanted to begin with a basic salted caramel sauce that can be used as a topping for desserts and/ or ice creams. Being a amatuer baker i always believe in taking baby steps be it what. This recipe is adapted from yummytummyaarthi and is very simple.
Dish: Salted caramel sauce
Type: Topping for desserts/ice creams
Time: 20-30 minutes
- Granulated sugar- 100 gms
- Butter- 40 gms
- Fresh Cream-100 ml
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Add granulated sugar to a dry non-stick pan/tawa and heat on low flame with occassional stirring
- After few minutes it will start to form clumps
Wait for it to melt completely and turn slightly brown.
Keep stirring occasionally and when it forms a nice golden brown color add butter and stir.
It will start bubbling up after adding butter.
Now add fresh cream and bring it to boil.
Remove the tawa/pan from the flame, add salt and mix well.
- Do not overheat the sugar for a long time as it would make your caramel taste bitter.
- You can refrigerate it and use when needed.
- If it gets solidified, place it on a bowl of hot water or add a tablespoon of fresh cream and heat on low flame.