Cupcakes for beginners
I recently purchased some baking goodies and cake moulds from the supermarket. The first thing that caught my eye were the cute and tiny cupcake moulds. I’am very fond of cupcakes since childhood and pestered my mom to buy me the moulds. From the very moment i bought it, i badly wanted to try baking cupcakes in the moulds and couldn’t contain my excitement.
Like my previous cakes, i baked this in pressure cooker. The procedure is essentially same as that of a simple chocolate cake. You can always customize according to your liking. The recipe was adapted from different sources and modified by me.
- All purpose flour/maida – 300 gms
- Powdered white sugar-250 gms
- Salt-1/8 tsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder-4 tbsps heaped
- Baking powder-1 tsp
- Butter-50 gms
- Vanilla essence-1 tsp
- Milk-1/2 cup (25 ml)
- Freshly brewed strong coffee-(50 ml)
- Condensed Milk (optional)- 1 tbsp
- Grated milk/dark chocolate/chocolate chips- 1 cup
- Sieve flour, salt,cocoa powder, baking powder together and set aside
- Whisk eggs and sugar nicely until fluffy
- Melt butter in milk on low flame and let it cool
- Add the egg-sugar mixture to the dry ingredients and mix such that no lumps are formed.
- Add milk-butter mixture and mix slowly.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla essence to the batter and mix well.
- Finally add the freshly brewed strong coffee and mix into a smooth batter.
- Grease the cup cake moulds with butter and pour the batter into it and top it with grated chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Preheat a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water and place a bowl filled with water over it ( the bowl shouldn’t float)
- Place a plate over the bowl and place the cupcake moulds over it.
- Bake on high flame for 15-20 minutes and check using a tooth pick.
- If the tooth pick comes out sticky, cook on low to medium flame for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool down and invert the moulds onto a plate and serve.
- U can layer the cake with one layer of batter followed by grated chocolate/chocolate chips and cover it with another layer of batter to get a gooey chocolate cup cake,
- Never use whistle/regulator while baking in pressure cooker.
- The measurements may vary depending on your measuring cup.
- You add nuts or tutti frutti as toppings.
|Chocolate coffee cupcakes with gooey grated chocolate|