Besan flour-1/2 cup (300 gms)
Baking powder/soda/ENO -1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Chat masala-1/4 tsp
Jeera powder-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-10 to 15
1. Mix besan flour with curd and water and mix well making sure no lumps are formed.
2. Chop 3 green chillies and ginger and add it to the batter made in the previous step.
3. Add turmeric, jeera powder, chat masala(optional) and salt and mix well.
4. Add baking soda/ENO and mix well.
5. Grease a pan with butter/oil and pour the batter into it.
6. Fill a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water and place a vessel filled with water inside it.
7. Now place the pan on top of the vessel(note: use a plate to hold the pan in place if needed).
8. Cook the dhokla on low flame 15 -20 mins.
9. Heat oil in a pan and fry mustard seeds, slit green chillies and curry leaves.
10. Once the dhokla is cooked invert it onto a plate and cut it into small pieces.
11. Garnish it with fried mustard seeds, curry leaves and chillies and serve
Serving option: sprinkle chat masala and serve with green(mint) chutney and/or sweet chutney.